Deliver great hospitality

Share best practices for exceptional hospitality, including messaging, guest experience and reviews.

Forum tags

Conversations

Ben-Nasser
@Bennasser•France

Hello everyone 👋

I get the impression that, nowadays, a clean property in a good location that matches the listing… has almost become the minimum expected.

What really makes the difference seems to be increasingly found elsewhere:

communication, anticipation, responsiveness, attention to the guest and how to handle unexpected situations.

Select a reaction
Tuija
@Tuija2•Finland

ii

Select a reaction
Geraldo Rocha
@GeraldoRocha•Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

In Brazil, trying to get early check-in and late check-out has become fashionable. If you don't allow it, it becomes a reason for a 3-star rating.

Select a reaction
Ryan
@Ryan4504•San Diego, CA

I have a tenant running an EV charging cord through the kitchen window to charge their Tesla. How do I regulate this?

Select a reaction
Valerion Apartments And Hospitality
@Nik1998•Albania

Hi everyone! 👋

I’m a new host from Tirana, Albania, and I’d love to connect with more experienced hosts and get some honest feedback.

I started hosting around 45 days ago and currently manage several apartments located near Tirana International Airport. The apartments are designed mainly for short stays, airport travelers, couples, families, and guests visiting Albania.

Select a reaction
Julio
@juliocramirez•Mexico City, Mexico

There are guests who have booked with me and, for some reason beyond my control, don't arrive or don't check in to the property. The problem is that they write reviews with malice and frustration. I think that if they don't use the accommodation, they shouldn't leave reviews, because they harm the hosts.

Select a reaction
Juan Barros
@Juanbarros•Medellín, Colombia

Hi , in that case, you can ask Airbnb, through Support, to remove that review on the grounds that it does not comply with the rules.

Best regards,

Juan

Select a reaction

Join the conversation

A forum for hosts around the world to ask for advice, share tips and grow your business all in one place.

Alexis
@Alexandre308•Montpellier, France

Greetings to the community,

I have been a Superhost since 2013, and I am now faced with an absurd situation with Customer Support.

The facts: Following the early departure of a guest (Véronique) on Wednesday, 30 September (for 3 unoccupied nights), Support issued a refund of €300.

Select a reaction
Helen
@Helsi247•Bristol, United Kingdom

Did you agree the guest could leave early altering their dates so they were entitled to a refund outside of your cancellation policy ?

if so then you are right the dates should have been opened.

why did the guest decide to leave early?

Select a reaction
Rosa María
@Rosa_MarIA2601•Spain

Good morning. I temporarily hid my listing, but now that I've reactivated it, I can't see the booking history. The option for ALL MY BOOKINGS no longer appears in the TODAY section. How can I fix this?

Kind regards

Select a reaction
Federico
@Federico1439•Rome, Italy

I am an experienced co-host with a solid background in guest reception management and care. I would like to offer my services to support you in the operational management of your flats, in particular with:

  • In-person check-in and welcome: welcome, key handover and detailed explanation of the property and the neighbourhood

  • Check-out and inspection: managing check-outs, checking the condition of the property and its contents before preparing for the next guest.

  • Flexibility and availability: handling guest delays and providing support for any emergencies during their stay.

  • Communication with the cleaning team: prompt coordination to ensure that the property is always in impeccable condition between guests.

I work in Rome (ideally central Rome)

Select a reaction